TATA Announced Free Scholarship For Students, JN Tata Endowment Scholarship 2023 For students This scholarship programme is meant for candidates going overseas for higher studies. Please do not apply to this programme if you intend to study in India).
TATA Announced Free Scholarship For Students | JN Tata Endowment Scholarship 2023
- This scholarship programme is meant for candidates going overseas for higher studies.
- Please do not apply to this programme if you intend to study in India)
- Candidates are required to register themselves to apply for the J N Tata Endowment loan scholarship for the academic year Fall 2023 – Spring 2024 using their personal email I.D. and not institutional or organizational mail I.D.s. (All subsequent correspondence will be only through this registered email I.D.)
- After the successful registration, candidates can log in using their registered email ID and password to complete the application form in one or more visits but must remember to save the draft before exiting each time.
- Candidates will get a system-generated reference number for their application form, which appears on the top left side of the form.
- For future correspondence, candidates are required to quote this reference number.
- Candidates are also provided with a set of instructions (pdf document) which appears on the right-hand corner of the screen, to help in completing the application form.
- Furnishing Aadhar card Number is mandatory at the time of registration.
- Name of the candidate should be written as it appears on the Aadhar Card.
- The entire selection process has been divided into four phases. Candidates will be informed about the status of their application at the end of each phase.
- ends on 7th March 2023, the final date of submission of the applications:-
- Candidates will be required to submit preliminary details such as personal and academic information, work experience, and statement of purpose.
Scanned copies of the following documents should be uploaded:
- Candidate’s photo (500 * 500 pixels in jpeg format)
- Aadhar card
- PAN card
- Passport (first & last page)
- Transcript/s for each qualification
- Scorecards (GRE/GMAT/TOEFL/IELTS/PTE)
Important points for consideration:
- Apart from consistent academic performance, importance is given to participation in both co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
- A good GRE/GMAT/TOEFL/IELTS/PTE score is extremely important.
- If you have received low scores in any, it may be advisable to improve upon it, to increase your chances of receiving the loan scholarship.
- The Statement of Purpose (SoP), which is assigned a score, carries considerable weight in the selection process.
- Hence it is important that you take care while drafting it and ensure that your SoP is written by you and free from plagiarism.
- Since you will be questioned during the interview on what you claim you have done, do not write about anything you have done but forgotten.
- Biographical details serve no purpose but despite our specific cautioning, many students fill the SoP with too many biographical details.
- Instead, focus on your academic trajectory – current and projected.
- The JN Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship is a highly competitive and coveted scholarship and a good SoP will strengthen your case.
Working professionals need to upload 3 additional documents (if any):
- Work Experience certificate from the previous employer
- Appointment letter from the existing employer and
- Latest One-year ITR / 3 months’ pay slips.
- If the information provided by candidates is either incomplete or false, the application will get rejected at any phase and the Endowment will not entertain any queries with regard to the rejection.
- Once the application is submitted, candidates cannot make any changes to the form.
- If they need to make any changes/corrections in the application form they are required to send an email to [email protected] by quoting the reference number (which appears on the top left side of the form.)
- All documents should be uploaded in a grayscale pdf with their required nomenclature.
- Candidates are required to validate the application form before final submission, after which they will not be able to make any changes.
Shortlisting for online test
- After the initial screening of applications, some candidates will be informed that their applications will not be considered any further.
- The remaining candidates will be informed a week in advance that they are shortlisted to undergo the online test.
- This test is based on the lines of Thinking Skills Assessment (TSA) and is scheduled to be held on Sunday, 9th April 2023.
- This test will be conducted only once and those who fail to attend will be considered to have withdrawn.
- This is not a subject-specific test and contains some numerical questions but does not presume anything more than knowledge of arithmetic and does not involve difficult calculations.
- The timing and instructions will be communicated later.
- Since this is an online test, uninterrupted internet connectivity is a mandatory requirement.
- Candidates must also ensure that the device on which they take the test has a provision for video capturing (web camera).
- The results of the test will be announced within a week from the date of the test by email. Correspondence in this regard will not be entertained.
Ericsson Off Campus Drive 2023
Shortlisting for technical interview
- Of those who undertake the online test, some will be shortlisted for the technical interview and the remaining will be informed that their applications will not be considered any further.
- Candidates who are shortlisted for the interview will be required to complete the application form by supplying information on applied university/universities, proposed plans, source of funds, parents’ details, and guarantor’s details.
Scanned copies of the following documents should be uploaded :
- Letter of admission
- Guarantor’s photo (500*500 pixels in jpeg format)
- Guarantor’s Aadhar card, Pan card, one-year ITR/pay slip last 3 months
- A Letter of Recommendation (LOR) is required (only one), specifically addressed to “The Trustees of the J N Tata Endowment” either from a Professor of the college or University or the employer, in case the applicant is/was working.
- Candidates should only furnish the details of the recommender such as name, designation, department, name of the college/university/organization, city, contact number, and their official email ID.
- The Endowment will directly communicate with the recommender for the purpose of the LoR.
- The above information along with the required documents is to be completed before Sunday, 23rd April 2023.
Phase 4: Interview
The interview is the final leg of the selection process. Candidates will be required to update and confirm all information related to their studies.
Scanned copies of the following documents should be uploaded before the interview:
- Final year mark sheets and degree certificate
- Certificate of scholarships/ranks/prizes (if any)
- Co-curricular and extra-curricular activities
- Research work/Project work (only One)
- GRE/GMAT/TOEFL/IELTS/PTE scorecard
- The rigorous technical interview is conducted from late April onwards, in person in Mumbai or through video conference via Skype/Microsoft
- Teams/Zoom by the Director of the Endowment and a subject expert. Performance at the interview carries the highest weightage in the selection process.
- ‘Technical’ refers to the evaluation of candidates’ understanding of their subjects – current and future.
- As they will be examined in depth and detail, candidates should come prepared with knowledge of their subjects and chosen areas of interest with any specialisation, as shown in their application form.
- Candidates at the beginning of the 2nd year would be assessed also on their first year/semester transcripts.
The final selection of scholars for the award of the loan scholarship is based on the following criteria:
- Performance at the interview
- Score at the online test
- Score based on academic results, GRE/GMAT/IELTS/TOEFL/PTE scores, statement of purpose, and work experience.
All the Awards will be announced together latest by the first week of July by mail. The Trustees’ decision on the award of scholarships is final. Correspondence in this regard will not be entertained.
Post Selection process:
- Formalities to be completed
- The candidate and the guarantor (preferably a parent or a relative) will have to visit the Administrative Office of the Endowment, by prior appointment, to complete the necessary formalities, after obtaining the visa.
- They will be required to enter into a legal agreement with the Trustees and provide documentary evidence of the capacity of the guarantor to repay the loan.
- Candidates may repay the loan scholarship amount in full in five equal installments of 20% between the third and seventh year. Candidates may begin to repay earlier than year three if they chose to.
- General Information for the Guarantor
- Each candidate must have a guarantor whose liability is on par with the candidate.
- The guarantor should normally be a parent(s)/guardian of the candidate. In the case of a married person, the guarantor can be a spouse or the parents-in-law.
- In case parent/s/spouse are unable to be a guarantor owing to genuine reasons, a guardian or any relative (i.e. any member of the family such as brother, sister, father-in-law, mother-in-law, uncle, and aunt (both maternal and paternal) or any other relative may be the guarantor. )
- A non-relative may act as a guarantor subject to the Director’s approval and submitting relevant documents.
Mandatory documents for the guarantor:
- PAN card, Aadhar card
- Passport-size photographs
- Income proof/latest ITR.
The details and documents will be requested in phase 3 of the application process. Any changes related to the guarantor are subject to the Director’s approval and must be made before the loan scholarship amount is released.
Apply For JN Tata Endowment Scholarship 2023